FLOWMETER FOR COMPRESSED-AIR SYSTEMS
- Easy to install
- Display rotates to facilitate use on horizontal or vertical pipes
- No moving parts
- Weather resistant and surge protected
- Milliamp output
- Pulse output convertible to threshold output
- User-configurable scaling, filtering and units of measure
- Optional wired and wireless outputs for networking
The CDI 5400 is similar to the CDI 5200, except that it has its probes mounted side-by-side in a single ring, its display can rotate to accommodate pipe orientation, and it is built for larger pipe sizes. Like the 5200, it is a thermal mass flow meter in which one probe senses the air temperature and the other is maintained ten degrees above the air temperature. It has the same milliamp and pulse outputs, the same large, bright display, and optional wired and wireless outputs. The new wireless output makes central monitoring practical where it might not otherwise be considered.
The CDI 5400 is commonly used for monitoring of compressor-room output and distribution lines in medium to large-sized facilities. It is also used for point-of-use monitoring in industrial processes that use large amounts of compressed air.